Monday 10 February 2014

Eximius Bowling Tournament 2014


“Just focus on that arrow on the lane. Keep your eyes on the middle one, run straight and just roll the ball and try to keep it at middle of the lane”. That was an advice I got from a friend who already had many experiences in bowling. I tried, and throughout the two games we had, there was not a single strike done by me. I think bowling is just not my thing. I looked at that friend of mine, and what he did was totally different from what he told me. All his balls curved while rolling on the lane. Well, even if he taught me how to do that, I don’t think I would manage to do it.

Sitting on the bench while waiting for my turn, I kept watching all my friends from the other groups. This was my first time bowling with them, and most of them were unexpectedly very good. One of us even managed to ‘strike’ three times in a row. However, not all of us have the skill and luck to do such astounding things. There were still newbies among us, and one of us kept banging the floor very hard with the ball almost everytime he took his turn. I wonder, is there any case where bowling lane crack in a game??

At that very moment, we Eximius members were actually having Bowling Tournament at Kuantan Plaza. This tournament actually has been given a thought since the previous blocks, and praise be to Allah, we managed to held it during this third block. This tournament was handled by Economic & Welfare bureau in collaboration with Sports & Rec bureau. All of the brothers and some sisters participated in this tournament. Everyone was divided into random groups and the group with the highest cumulative points in two successive games would be announced as the champion.

Wonder who dominated the game?? Take a look at these ..!

Brothers

Sisters


Best Bowlers


Some may think, why are those dentists-to-be wasting their time bowling? Isn't there anything else for them to do? For your information, we were having unexpectedly lots of free time this week because the lecturers were too busy with the upcoming dental conference that would be held on the following week. And this event was not totally lagha as you think. Not to defend myself and those who were involved, but I do think this tournament might strengthen our ukhuwwah besides reducing stress. :O

 These are our precious moments together..


Before the event start


Price giving ceremony

Best Bowlers

The Eximius Members
 Til then,
Stay Eximius guys!

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, a good 'ukhuwwah' activity.
    "I wonder, is there any case where bowling lane crack in a game??" - haha, good one.

    ReplyDelete